For several clients of us in the offshore wind construction industry, we are constantly searching for experienced QHSE Coordinators to work either onshore or offshore, depending on the project’s requirements. Here is our in-house job description which usually covers the general requirements of our clients. When we discuss a specific role with you, we will provide you with more detailed information and project specifics.
- Advise the workforce regarding QHSE;
- Organize special courses, programs, inductions and toolbox meetings for all personnel and visitors onsite;
- Doing frequent project audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of the QHSE programs on critical operations and equipment;
- Give recommendations for improvement and reassure the follow-up of their implementation;
- Coordinating and participating in identifying and evaluating QHSE risks and recommend control measures to reduce them;
- Collecting QHSE data for periodic reports.
- Maintenance and control of QHSE practices on site;
- Inspecting all activities and equipment to reassure a proper operation;
- Implementation of QHSE procedures;
- Update records for all equipment under project control;
- Inform/brief management on the QHSE performance on the project;
- Emphasize and communicate all-important QHSE issues and improvement initiatives to the QHSE department at HQ.
- Education in occupational health & safety or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience in field (offshore/maritime/shipbuilding);
- Team player with pro-active attitude, able to positively communicate objectives to colleagues;
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken. Additional languages will be considered an advantage;
- Honest, tactful, pragmatic and able to organize work in an efficient and systematic way.