For a client of us in the dredging industry, we are looking for Marine Coordinators willing to participate in a nuclear power plant construction project based onshore in the UK starting in Q1 2021. It is possible that you will be participating in the preparation phase of the Marine Coordination scope of work.
- Participate in the preparation, revision & updating of procedures;
- Monitor all systems for the tracking of vessels and transfer of personnel;
- Co-ordinate all project-related sea traffic between ports and the offshore construction sites;
- Maintain logging, meeting and reporting routines as stipulated in the Marine Coordination Procedures;
- Obtain work schedules from the site managers and contractors if there are traffic related conflicts of interest;
- Co-ordinate monitoring and maintenance of navigational marking of the offshore site;
- Stay up to date with weather reports, e.g. via the Internet;
- Coordinate the movement of vessels from, to and at projects in cooperation with all parties involved, in a manner that minimizes waste, avoids conflict and maximizes safety and productivity;
- Communicate with working vessels by available communication systems.
- Hold a higher education degree (preferably Master or Bachelor in nautical sciences) or at least 4 years of experience in a similar role;
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Problem-solver with demonstrable corporate, operational and project team skills;
- Take responsibilities, be proactive & flexible;
- Proficient in Office 365, as well as industry related software (CRM/MMS type);